Facebook - Shropshire Business Twitter - Shropshire Business LinkedIn - Shropshire Business
http://www.shropshire-chamber.co.uk

Funds available for South Shropshire businesses

Rural businesses based in South Shropshire are being urged to consider applying for a grant to fund their growth plans.

Stuart Richards, a chartered rural surveyor based at Halls in Shrewsbury, has a 100 per cent success rate with Southern Shropshire LEADER programme grant applications on behalf of farmers and other rurally based businesses. The applications have generated more than £150,000 in grants.

“LEADER funding is made available to successful applicants who have a project that creates jobs, helps a local business grow and benefits the wider rural economy,” he explained.

“With another round of funding now available, it’s a good time for farmers and other business owners, who have a project in mind, to consider making a grant application.”

The LEADER grant is managed by Shropshire Council in the county for the Rural Development Programme for England.

South Shropshire LEADER programme funds farmers, growers, foresters, other local rural businesses and rural community organisations to help create jobs, develop rural businesses and support the rural economy.

Eligible projects receive between £2,500 and £40,000 and 70 per cent of them must directly support the rural economy through creating and supporting micro and small rural businesses. The remaining 30 per cent of projects must demonstrate that they are contributing to improving the rural economy.

LEADER usually funds around 40 per cent of total project costs, with the remainder provided by the applicant, but the amount of grant support available varies according to priorities.
An applicant must show that their idea is good value for money and that he or she is planning to use the grant money to improve their project, which must be supported by market research to demonstrate demand.

*For more information, contact Stuart Richards on 01743 450700.

Award nomination for Shifnal accountant

Firm makes regional finals of the Rural Business Awards

26th July 2019

Award-winning legal team at rural shows

Lawyers on the road with free advice

13th June 2019

Site machinery business acquires flagship site

Leading firm signs up for purpose-built premises at i54

29th April 2019

Deadline for rural grants extended

Applications for up to £170k open until May 31

5th January 2018

Ambitious plans for town centre street

Project will breathe new life into important area

7th October 2019

Major companies share business tips

Suppliers can sign up for expert advice at Shrewsbury event

19th February 2019

Judges on their way to Wellington

Regeneration efforts lead to town making shorlist for national title

27th August 2019

Final call for grant applications

Rural businesses have until May 31 to apply

23rd May 2018

EU grants available for SMEs

Businesses welcome at Meet the Funder event

14th June 2017

Rural crime rise brings business spike

Security firm has one of its busiest years on record

31st August 2018

Applications invited for funding

Countryside Stewardship claims available for farmers

11th April 2017

Green grants available

Scheme eligible for Telford businesses cutting energy costs

20th June 2017

Fifty years of loyal service

Stalwart celebrates five decades at accountancy firm

7th September 2018

Helping hand from law firm

FBCMB to advise on grant funding

2nd October 2017

Growth Hub feeding grants into system

Food and drinks businesses eligible for slice of pot

24th March 2017